In my last post, I wrote about disengaged, yet loyal, employees. I received several comments from readers and colleagues about the message contained in that article. Some wanted to know more about the personal experience that I included in the article, others questioned who would stay in a job that they didn’t enjoy, and several told me about what motivates them in their professional careers. Pay freezes and the federal pay overhaul leave much to be desired by most federal employees, but I believe it’s the passion that the public sector has for the work they do and the difference they make working at their agency that drives them to continue doing what they do and making a difference every day they step into their office.
Check out this video of government employees who enjoy what they do and definitely have a passionate work environment.
As I watched this video, the key points, words, and phrases that I found inspiring are:
- Love what I do
- How can we make it better
- Making a difference in the world
- Meaningful and important work
- Shared goals and missions
- Helping the people of the world
- Serve the nation
- Doing the right thing
- It’s not about the money, the prestige, or the position
- A new way of looking at life
- Helping people get back in a better position
Do you have work passion?